Diploma in Professional Photography
Introduction to Photography
– Photography as a means of self-expression – photography as a career – photography as a supplement to another career – History of Photography – Its evolution from painting to digital medium.
Equipment & Accessories
– Understanding one’s equipment and its capability; utilizing equipment to its fullest potential – Learning about various photographic accessories – Knowing about various Filters and using them for creative image making.
– Understanding various Image processing software; Adobe Photoshop Basics; White balancing, Grey card reading and other Color management techniques – Techniques of Printing stunning images
– Art of seeing – Creative visualisation – In-depth study of lines, forms, shapes, texture, colors, etc. Study of one’s inner self – Principles & techniques of making compelling images.
In-depth Study of Light
– Learning about various light sources out door and indoor and their quality – Understanding how it influences a photograph – Learning to manage Sun light as well as portable flash units.
Zone system :
– In-depth study of light and shade. Using hand-held meters to understand the reflectivity of various surfaces. Understanding tonal ranges and how to use them for one’s advantage.
– Controlling outdoor light and using it to one’s advantage. Learning to shoot location portraiture, street shots, travel images, architecture, landscapes etc. Making creative shots using moonlight and star trails.
– shooting panoramas and making HDR images.
– Introduction to studio lighting equipment such as flash lights and continuous sources. Modifying the light sources with various accessories and its effect – Lighting techniques applied to capture interesting portraiture, fashion, food & beverages, industrial products, highly reflective products, transparent products for advertising and other media requirements.
Students can specialise in various fields like Fashion, Products, industrial and Corporate, Wildlife and Nature, Architecture, Photo Journalism, Travel, Wedding etc.,
Business of Photography
– Making a perfect portfolio and to run a successful photography business