If it’s your dream to shoot stunning pictures, live a creative life and get started on a lucrative career, you’ve got to enroll in our one-year Professional Photography Diploma program. This is a Post Graduate program and is approved by Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, exclusively designed for passionate photography enthusiasts who dream of evolving into professional photographers.
Professional Photography Diploma is a unique program that has been carefully designed by leading professionals and aims at getting students ready to adapt to emerging technologies and enables them to communicate effectively through creative visuals.
We have a team of experienced faculty who can guide students throughout the learning process. Diploma in Photography program aims to train students in all aspects of photography – that includes setting up their own business as freelancers and to plan & run their business in high profits.
Students are given opportunities to learn through real-time projects, both in the classroom as well as in real-life situations. On successful completion of the course, students can take up challenging assignments in various fields of professional photography such as Fashion, Lifestyle, Portraiture, Architecture, Industrial, Automobiles, Products & Table tops, Photo-journalism, Travel & Street photography, Wedding, Wildlife & Fine art etc.
Introduction to Photography
– Photography as a means of self-expression – photography as a career – photography as a supplement to another career – History of Photography – Its evolution from painting to digital medium.
Equipment & Accessories
– Understanding one’s equipment and its capability; utilizing equipment to its fullest potential – Learning about various photographic accessories – Knowing about various Filters and using them for creative image making.
– Understanding various Image processing software; Adobe Photoshop Basics; White balancing, Grey card reading and other Color management techniques – Techniques of Printing stunning images
– Art of seeing – Creative visualisation – In-depth study of lines, forms, shapes, texture, colors, etc. Study of one’s inner self – Principles & techniques of making compelling images.
In-depth Study of Light
– Learning about various light sources out door and indoor and their quality – Understanding how it influences a photograph – Learning to manage Sun light as well as portable flash units.
Zone system :
– In-depth study of light and shade. Using hand-held meters to understand the reflectivity of various surfaces. Understanding tonal ranges and how to use them for one’s advantage.
– Controlling outdoor light and using it to one’s advantage. Learning to shoot location portraiture, street shots, travel images, architecture, landscapes etc. Making creative shots using moonlight and star trails.
– shooting panoramas and making HDR images.
– Introduction to studio lighting equipment such as flash lights and continuous sources. Modifying the light sources with various accessories and its effect – Lighting techniques applied to capture interesting portraiture, fashion, food & beverages, industrial products, highly reflective products, transparent products for advertising and other media requirements.
Students can specialise in various fields like Fashion, Products, industrial and Corporate, Wildlife and Nature, Architecture, Photo Journalism, Travel, Wedding etc.,
Business of Photography
– Making a perfect portfolio and to run a successful photography business
Adequate emphasis is made on both theoretical and practical modes of teaching in Professional Photography Diploma course. Students are given hands-on training at the in-house studio as well as outdoors at our large, sprawling campus. Students are also taken on assignments to scenic locales in and around Coimbatore. Slideshows, case studies and presentations are a part of regular classroom learning. A thorough analysis of all images taken by students, followed by feedback sessions ensure that students learn as they shoot. So, their learning is more concrete and their techniques are constantly evolving.
Students seeking admissions for the Professional Photography diploma course must have completed an under graduate degree program. As an exception, we admit non degree students who have extraordinary passion for Photography.
Send your portfolio of 15 images each having size of 1500 pixels on the width for the Horizontal images and 1500 pixels on the height for the vertical images.
The application form must be sent along with a processing fees of Rs: 500/- drawn in favor of “Srini Institute of Photography” payable at Coimbatore to the address mentioned on the application form.
Selected candidates will be intimated for a personal interview at the Institute
Course Fees to be announced soon
35mm Digital SLR full frame camera of any brand Canon or Nikon or Sony would be fine. In addition Normal Lens (50mm on full frame), wide lenses and medium tele-lenses, cable release, a set of filters, shutter release, portable flash units, sturdy tripod, a computer with good configuration loaded with Adobe Photoshop software are required for this course . Detailed list will be given during the admission.